Health and well-being for companion animals of vulnerable people
in support of the human-animal bond.
What We Do
- Veterinary clinic care for pets living in Edmonton, including wellness exams, vaccines, spay/neuter, and diagnosis and treatment of injuries and disease
- Support of the Boyle Street Community Services Pet Food Bank
- Advice and advocacy for housing needs and concerns
- Education about nutrition, behaviour, and other aspects of animal care
- Advice and support to other groups working with vulnerable people who own companion animals in the City of Edmonton
COVID-19, AHAS, you, and your pet:
It is essential that we all work together to limit the effects of the coronavirus.
- suspended home visits
- available by phone, email, and messenger
- filling prescriptions
- helping find specialized food
- seeing ill or injured pets
- performing cat and some dog spays and neuters
- performing necessary dental surgeries
- helping with food, litter, toys
- providing advice and advocacy
Here is a fabulous resource on the coronavirus and your pet: https://www.albertaanimalhealthsource.ca/…/veterinary-care-…
Please stay safe. Call or message us with any concerns or questions and we will do our very best to help you!
Wonderful volunteers are hard at work sewing masks for our most vulnerable clients. If you can join the team, please call us at 587-338-8668 or email us at AlbertaHelpingAnimalsSociety@gmail.com
Other wonderful volunteers are donating and/or delivering pet and human food. If you can help out, please call or email us!